Visualisations (Mental Imagery)
Visualising can help you in many ways:
- Imagining yourself doing something can help you to get better at doing it.
- Imagery can help you to keep calm and focused during difficult interactions.
- You can mentally rehearse maintaining a calm and assertive composure while the other person is trying to ignore or distract you.
- You can use imagery to envision success, thus boosting your motivation and confidence.
- Visualising can help you to feel calmer and to manage stress.
When visualising, you should:
- Use all of your five senses. Many people assume that visualising or mental imagery is only about ‘seeing’ but you will achieve much more if you use all your senses. What can you see, hear, feel, smell, or taste in your mind when you visualise?
- Make your mental imagery real. Live your virtualisation as if it is actually happening.
- Live your virtualisation from your own perspective and not as if you are observing yourself from the outside.
- Focus on the positive as you imagine every step of your unfolding imagery.
- Feel the results of your visualisations like it’s a reality right now.
- Give your visualisations more power by writing them down. Know that as you write, they become reality in your world.
Fear is sneaky. It creeps up on you and finds ways to interfere with your progress. It stops you in your tracks even when you don’t expect it. It justifies and makes excuses, diverting you away from your true path. … More…
Imagine if you could improve how you feel and your ability to focus on improving your life without even trying hard. Changing the way that you ask yourself questions (something we all do constantly, every day) can be one of … More…
With everything going on in the world right now, there is so much fear around. I don’t think there has been a time in my life (I’m nearly 57 as I write this) when I have felt so much fear … More…
In this post, I am offering a bit of tough love, for those it may help. There are some things you may not want to hear. That is okay. You will be much better off for knowing them, once you … More…
Surviving for as long as you can is something all ‘life’ naturally strives for, whether human or any other form. But you can miss out on a lot that life has to offer if you spend an unhealthy amount of … More…
Think about all the things you want to do with your life. You carry inside you, dreams, and visions of the kind of future you really want. Think of all those things you want to achieve. And there they sit, … More…