Intention Setting can be thought of as:
- Making a statement involving a personally held guiding principle, authentic desire or spiritual ideal.
- A statement expressing purpose, intent and attitude, from a place of personal alignment, feeling and wholeness.
Intention setting involves:
- Looking internally. Intention setting comes from the heart and is based on your internal feelings and desires.
- Thinking about what matters most to you. Finding out what you truly want.
- Letting go of any attachment to a specific outcome and instead, staying in alignment with your values.
- Dealing with any fears or negative thinking that gets in the way of those values.
- Coming from a place of gratitude, for where you are now and where you know you are going.
When Intention setting, you can:
- Connect your intention closely to your core values and thoughts. Your intention should come from your personal perspective.
- Use simple words and phrases that you want to align yourself with. e.g. Give and receive love, bravely step forward, peace and love.
- Make positive intentions, avoiding any negative words such as can’t, won’t. Use ‘start’ not ‘stop’, ‘will’ not ‘won’t’ etc.
- Base your life goals on the intentions you set, allowing their unfoldment without any attachment or feeling any stress attached to them.
- Use S.M.A.R.T. Goals as a process, while staying in alignment with your highest intentions.
Your intentions are the desires behind your goals. This energetic intention sent out to the universe combined with your actions on your goals is what powers their ultimate manifestation.
Fear is sneaky. It creeps up on you and finds ways to interfere with your progress. It stops you in your tracks even when you don’t expect it. It justifies and makes excuses, diverting you away from your true path. … More…
Imagine if you could improve how you feel and your ability to focus on improving your life without even trying hard. Changing the way that you ask yourself questions (something we all do constantly, every day) can be one of … More…
With everything going on in the world right now, there is so much fear around. I don’t think there has been a time in my life (I’m nearly 57 as I write this) when I have felt so much fear … More…
In this post, I am offering a bit of tough love, for those it may help. There are some things you may not want to hear. That is okay. You will be much better off for knowing them, once you … More…
Surviving for as long as you can is something all ‘life’ naturally strives for, whether human or any other form. But you can miss out on a lot that life has to offer if you spend an unhealthy amount of … More…
Think about all the things you want to do with your life. You carry inside you, dreams, and visions of the kind of future you really want. Think of all those things you want to achieve. And there they sit, … More…